Solar Learning Services is a Community Interest Company founded in 2008. We are based in Newcastle upon Tyne but work primarily across the North of England. Underpinning all of our work is an ethos and commitment to a facilitative approach, enabling the development of learning, skills and enterprise. We are passionate about youth-led learning and seek to inspire and enable children and young people to "turn their passion into pounds" and become active citizens.
The Objectives of Solar Learning Services
- Develop learning, personal and life-skills, empowerment and careers opportunities for the adults of tomorrow.
- Promote and develop the ‘talent’ and potential within every individual no matter what background, and to enable and empower them to develop their learning, knowledge, skills, emotional and social intelligence to equip them for adulthood in the 21st Century.
- Work with children and young people, in schools, communities and agencies seeking to develop the confident, engaged and positive adults of the future.
- Deliver high quality services and programmes, with strong learning outcomes.
- Provide personal learning and development opportunities for children and young people, that will give them skills and experiences that benefit them as they make the transition from childhood to adulthood.
- Provide practical work experience opportunities for young people.
Solar Learning Services mission is to promote and develop the ‘talent’ and potential within every individual no matter what background, to find THE one thing that energises and engages them, to enable and, empower them to develop their learning, knowledge, skills, emotional and social intelligence to equip them for adulthood in the 21st Century.
Who We Have Worked For And With
PARTNERS & CLIENTS INCLUDE:
Newcastle City Council, North Tyneside MBC, Newcastle Arts Development Team, CoMusica The Sage Gateshead, North Tyneside YMCA, Changemakers Foundation, MLNE, CAPAF, The Regional YouthWork Unit North East, Urban Skate Myth, NE Hip Hop Fiend Magazine, Orange Rocks Corps, Newcastle Connexions, North Tyneside Connexions, NE Parkour, Newcastle Youth Service, Killhope Lead Mine Museum, Newcastle College, SES.
Our Funders & Commissioners
- The Legacy Trust UK
- NE GENERATION
- Newcastle City Council Business Development Fund
- Durham County Council
- North Tyneside Children’s & Young People’s Services
- Northumberland County Council YFUND.
- Arts Council England
- The Big Lottery
- Newcastle College
Solar Learning programmes delivery team includes a team of sessional and support staff who bring additional expertise and skills to our work. Comprising of skilled youth workers, teachers, consultants and tutors in literacy, numeracy, enterprise education, and youth development this means we are able to offer quality learning experiences for participants. Our team of tutors for our creative programmes includes street dance, DJ & music tech, break dance, skateboarding, bmx, parkour and digital media and ITC.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SOLAR SERVICES?
- Youth development Programmes
- Creative & Cultural Programmes
- Skills & Learning Programmes
- Event organisation
Managing DirectorEmail Michael
Programme ManagerEmail Monjer
Company SecretaryEmail Lynne
Associate ConsultantEmail Dave
Youth WorkerEmail Stacey
Schools ProgrammesEmail Simon
Changemaker and advocateEmail Ahsan
Changemaker and advocateEmail Kirsty